I’m overdue a blog post, it seems.
1. For anyone waiting, Traitor should be available on Kobo, Smashwords, and Amazon next weekend. B&N, iBookstore, etc. usually take about two weeks longer. The end is coming.
2. In May, I worked almost exclusively on Soul (the novel inspired by One Night with the Fae). I also lost most of the editing I did in May (and the blurbs I had worked on for Traitor, damnit). Losing work generally makes me recoil from that story in horror (haven’t touched a certain novel in five years because I lost a single chapter). This time (after wasting a day making a playlist), I decided to rewrite instead of editing the exact same chapters again. It’s worked out way better, so yay for that. It’s a lot darker and more twisted than I expected, even for a faery story, but I like that. It needs a lot of work, so while I’m still pushing for a 2013 release, a different book will probably be ready first.
3. It is *so* hot right now. I’ve been getting up at stupid o’clock just to get some work done before melting time begins. Two of my dogs are changing colour in the sun, and if they think I’m bringing them outside to play fetch today, they must be on doggy crack.
4. There is nothing like the pure joy that comes from watching the Red Wedding with someone who hasn’t read the books.
5. I’ve been in a serious reading funk. I’m finding it really hard to lose myself in a story which sucks because that’s how I relax, yo. May was exceptionally, frustratingly bad. I have so many unfinished books on my ereader, it’s ridiculous. I reread the entire A Song of Ice and Fire series (again) just because I know I’ll finish it. I was so excited about one new release when I read the blurb and title that I went online and bought it straight away, and then opened it on my ereader as soon as it downloaded. I couldn’t get past the first chapter. The first chapter! I know some people can tell on the first page, but I’ve never been that ruthless, so something must be wrong with my brain. *Sigh* Still, this month has been better so far. Despite not being able to get into the whole NA thing, I did finish Crossing by Stacey Wallace Benefiel (the main problem I have with most of the NA books I’ve read is blissfully absent in Crossing, thank you, Stacey), and I’m now enjoying her first in a series, Found. So far, I’m liking Penny Black. And I somehow managed to miss the fact that Bone Witch was released, so that’s now next on my to-be-read list. It’s the third in Thea Atkinson’s Elemental Magic series, so if you haven’t read it yet, start with Water Witch. Highly recommended by moi.
6. I lied. I wrote all of the above yesterday, and yes I did play fetch in the boiling sun. Smart dog kept going inside for a drink on the way back to give me the ball. I stood there waiting like a dope.
7. Purity will probably be available in paperback at some stage this month.
8. I have to post this and get back to work. Been on 10k days lately, and my brain seems to be dying. Burnout, here we come!
Um… 9. It’s now Monday, (clouds came back), and I *still* haven’t posted this. I’m a little under the weather, which just means a break from the 10ks. Traitor will still be out at the weekend, and then my next releases won’t be ready until roughly October and December.